We offer boarding for dogs, cats, birds and other exotic animals when your pet needs a home away from home. We have runs for large dogs, as well as kennels for pets of various sizes. Boarders must be current on their vaccinations, fecal tests and flea/tick preventive. We will be happy to update your pet’s vaccinations, if necessary, when it comes in for boarding. Because our boarding facilities can fill up quickly, please make your boarding reservation well in advance.
Veterinary technicians regularly check on the pets, and our assistants monitor the boarding area. You have the added benefit of knowing that one of our clinicians will promptly begin treatment if your pet gets sick during his or her stay.
We provide amenities such as clean bedding and food and water bowls. We will administer any needed medication and follow your specified feeding regimen. (Alternately, we can provide a high-quality dry diet for no extra charge, although eating their own food tends to agree better with most boarded pets.) We can also provide grooming services before you pick up your pet at an additional fee.
We would like to make your pet’s stay with us as comfortable as possible. Below is a list of things we encourage you to bring with, as well as what we supply your pet to make him/her feel at home.
What to Bring:
- Your pet’s food: Boarding can be very stressful, so making a sudden diet change while boarding can cause vomiting or diarrhea. We do provide a high-quality, bland, dry diet if you’re unable to bring your pet’s own food.
- Treats: If your pet likes a little something extra, make sure you bring some of his/her favorite treats!
- Medications: If your pet takes daily medications, we will continue to give them to your pet while they stay with us. If your pet receives insulin or other injections, please bring the appropriate syringes in addition to the medication itself. Additional charges will apply.
- Washable bedding: We do provide clean, comfortable bedding daily, however if your pet has a special bed or blanket that would help them feel more at home, please bring it with. All bedding must be machine washable.
- Toys: All toys should be hand washable and safe to leave with your pet while unattended. Toys should not be small enough to be swallowed or lost and should be somewhat indestructible.
- Leash/carrier: We do not use leashes and carriers that our brought in with your pet while they are staying with us. However, we do ask that you bring your pet in leashed or in a carrier and we are happy to store them while your pet is here.
- Completed boarding instruction form and boarding release form. By having these forms filled out when your bring your pet in for boarding, it saves a lot of time during the check-in process ensuring that you can get to your destination on time. Click here to be redirected to the client forms section of our site where these two forms can be found.
What to Leave at Home:
- Food/water dishes: We provide food and water dishes for your pet. Some of the dishes you have at home look a lot like the dishes we have here. We want to make sure that your pet goes home with the items he/she came in with and dishes are an item that often gets left behind.
- Jackets/sweaters: If your pet requires an extra layer during the cold winter months, we will use a jacket if supplied. However, if they are used more for fashion, it is better to leave these at home. Please alert us at check-in if your pet needs to wear their jacket outside.
*Please label all items with your pet’s name and your last name
*Please bring items in one bag/tub to minimize clutter and prevent misplaced items.
*For birds and other exotic pets, please call us for a list of items you should bring.
Call us to schedule a drop-off time for your boarding reservation today! For a tour of our boarding facilities, feel free to drop by anytime.